- Books – Research – Websites/Blogs – Webinars – Events” />Books – Research – Websites/Blogs – Webinars – Events
Books about Reading Instruction
- Early Reading Instruction: What Science Really Tells Us About How to Teach Reading, by Diane McGuinness
- Essentials of Assessing, Preventing, and Overcoming Reading Difficulties, by David A. Kilpatrick
- Phonics and the Resistance to Reading, by Mike Lloyd-Jones
- Reading in the Brain: The New Science of How We Read, by Stanislas Dehaene by Stanislas Dehaene
- Sound at the Speed of Light: How Many Read, Why So Many Can’t, and What Can Be Done About It, by Mark Seidenberg
- A Seven Year Study of the Effects of Synthetic Phonics Teaching on Reading and Spelling Attainment, Rhona S Johnston and Joyce E Watson, 2005
- Getting ready for reading: Early phoneme awareness and phonics teaching improves reading and spelling in inner-city second language learners, Morag Stuart, British Journal of Educational Psychology (1999), 69, 587–605.
- Dale Willows (University of Toronto) discusses her research on Jolly Phonics in Canada. Note the very strong effects with ELL students.
- National Reading Panel Report – Teaching Children to Read: An Evidence-Based Assessment of the Scientific Research Literature on Reading and its Implications for Reading Instruction, 2000.